Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Sooo Cold..

Its been unbelievable cold here in 

Northern MN..

We have also had lots and lots of snow

which means, lots and lots of snow removal..

I have enjoyed being inside putzen, projects and playing.

here are a couple projects of late..


so if you look at the bread picture,
in the corner you can see a bit of this spice cabinet
before i painted it.

painted black, sanded and stained


years ago i had seen a tool caddy
for a wool cutter..
i even had started cutting one out.
i just knew i could find something old in the basement..
i found Marks old vintage shoe shine kit 
i had to disassemble a bit.
it was a cool blue but needed a new paint job.
its perfect!

i made a little hook holder 
and added a bit..



so i had washed and cut up a few wool
coats i have had..
and was thinking id use my dads old wool coat
for the borders but i think i like the black better.
and even have enough i think!
the black/brown would probably
 look good around the circles.
i tend to love these colors together...



Auntie Pat gave me Grandmas lamp
she used for her embroidery projects.

i ordered a new irish pencil hook,
what a difference it is for me!
i love love love it!

thank you for all your help and input 
with my dying questions..
hopefully i will have some show/tell soon!

i have a new grandpup!
she's a 13 week German Shepeard - Harley!
Oliver looks like he is pouting a bit here
but soon he will enjoy having a sister!

i love and am so thankful that
my childrens fur babes are
a very important part of their family 
and not out in a kennel.
But they grew up with fur babies inside
and part of our family..


enjoy your wintery days my blog friends!               jody





4 comments:

  1. We get nice and warm and then bang it is cold and blowing so hard. We are under a watch for a foot of snow on Friday. Love your projects and your rug!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bread looks amazing!
    Hooking is looking pretty good, too.
    Hopefully you will see signs of spring soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, Jody, I love what you did with your spice cabinet. It looks amazing and Mark show shine bench. The cranberry & almond bread looks delicious. I've been making my own bread lately too.

    Your rug is looking great and I like the black background. Black seems to go with just about any colors. It makes the other colors pop.

    Your new puppy looks like a sweet heart with her heart glasses. Does she have a name yet?

    It rained yesterday and by night we had such a strong wind, I thought the roof was going to fly off. We live by the water so we feel the wind picking up speed.

    I hope that the sun will come our and melt all your snow. Spring is just around the corner and I found some daffodils coming up in the back of the house in a sheltered spot. Most of the snow is gone from my front lawn but I'm sure we'll get more snow.

    On your last comment on my blog, I wrote you an email but it came back undelivered.

    Take care and stay well.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you Julia for stopping by! its always so nice to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete