Thursday, July 21, 2022

Hooking question..

Hey Blog friends.. i have never taken a hooking class
have always wanted to..
some questions you just cant find answers to on 
youtube videos ect..
so thought i would come to the best source!
Lauren, Cathy, Julia? and who ever wants to chime in!
i just started a new rug..
my question is when i come to an area like this first picture
what is the best way to fill in those narrow spots, 
as a #8 noodle is to wide.

do i use a smaller cut to fill in the narrow area?

or do i turn sideways and cut one sideways
 (hope you understand this one)
already taken this out as didnt like the way it looked.

i just would like to know
the correct way to fill in an area like this..
i would love some input! i am going to ask 
when another question comes up.. 
appreciate your help!
sister Jana, me and the cobblers need
to plan a trip to Sauder next year! 
i so want to go to NY to Old Tattered Flag
but Ohio is a bit more do-able!
i see you will be a vendor there Lauren! 
have a great time!!
would love to meet you there! 
anyway guys thank you so much!

need to share that i (Noel) found the cutest lil guy on my door step

Noel would not like another fur babe so i promptly picked it up
and walked down to moms.
(he sure loves mom and shes enjoying him!)

we advertised, no one was knocking on doors
and clearly not looking for him.
3 lbs 10 oz
his name is JJ and now 4lbs 10oz
(look at that cute nose!)


hope you are enjoying your summer days!        jody


4 comments:

  1. That is a great question ... Oh my, Jody, you loops are so even for someone who never took hooking classes. They are perfection. I hook with narrow #3 to #5 cuts so I'm not the best one to advise you but I think that you could possibly trim the strip of wool to make it fit. If it doesn't work, you can always pull it out and start over again.

    I'm sure Lauren who is the queen of taking all kinds of hooking classes can better instruct you on how to proceed. Another one is Saundra who also hooks with wide strips.

    What a cute kitty. I think your mom will be the perfect match for this little furry companion. It may be a God sent for her.

    Good luck with getting some help with the problem.

    Stay cool and well.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto on what Julia said about your loops being perfect. Okay you might get at least half dozen replies to your question. Depending on what was available of THAT color I might hook a tail, a loop, a tail then continue with the #8 cut. Or, if there wasn't a slim strip from cutting wool I'd take a trim of the end of a strip so the narrow edge would wedge in. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally trying to leave comments from my desktop (darn iPad won't let me!!!) and even it is giving me fits.
    Mom looks like she has a new best friend. So sweet.
    I concur...absolutely perfect, beautiful hooking! I would also trim down a strip to make it narrower and hook a line down. If it was not so linear (for lack of a better word) you could also just kind of hook that strip so the loops are sideways, but in this case I think it wouldn't look good. I don't think there is any right or wrong way.
    Am I making any sense???
    Good to see a post from you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jana: love you rug hooking sister! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete