Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Mom & Dads Iris Patch


i stopped by mom and dads, sister Jana was there
 and they were digging some of their Irises.
(i saw a photo opp / blog post!)
the patch started with a couple bulbs
of my grandfathers. my dads father..
it has grown to be very impressive but 
time to thin out a bit!
my cousin in Oregon wants some 
so we are going to get some out to her! 
she will be so excited!



notice mom has only one shoe on.. 

notice sister has 2 different shoes on..

grandpup Koa was there to supervise! 
i am going to let them dry a bit 
and get them in the mail!

this is Dennis's Violet
his mothers name was Fern Violet 
and this is from her funeral just days from a year ago.
he takes great care of and loves
 both his indoor and outdoor plants..

he wintered this Dragon Wing Begonia over last winter
almost time to bring it in again...

enjoy your fall days my blog friends!           jody

4 comments:

  1. wow I can't believe that they are blooming now mine bloom in the spring.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm surprised to see them blooming, too.
    How nice you have a gentleman friend!!!
    I never would have noticed the shoes...lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The picture with them blooming was taken June 15th. Sorry guys! Thanx for stopping by! Oh, I guess Jana didn't think her sandle was good to shovel with so borrowed mom's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have Irises the same color and height and they are prolific and one of the first to bloom in the spring. I realized that it must have been a photo taken in the spring.
    Sandals are not recommended for digging, lol. I see why Jena needed to borrow one of your mom's shoe. It's good to have your dad supervising so they do the job right...

    Denis sure is taking good care of Violet's plants. They look so healthy.
    My house plants have been neglected this summer.

    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete